- Repair any roof or plumbing leaks as soon as possible. These leaks can allow termites to survive above ground in a house.
- Eliminate any wood-to-soil contact around your foundation and remove wood debris near your home.
- Prevent mulch and soil from touching the siding of your home. They make it much easier for termites to enter.
- Store firewood away from your home.
- Use mesh screens on all windows and doors, as well as in ventilation openings for attics and crawl spaces.
- Seal nail holes and cracks in exposed wood to help prevent easy access by drywood termites.
- Contract with a professional pest control company to regularly inspect your home. This will help detect termite activity and allow for prompt and proper treatment.